Submit your work: Star-Spangled 200 Anniversary Exhibition
Design a poster and be part of the historic Star-Spangled 200 Anniversary Celebration.
Here’s your chance to win up to $2,000 and have a beautiful print of your work featured in an exhibition at the University of Baltimore that will be part of Maryland’s Star-Spangled Spectacular, the bicentennial celebration of the Battle of Baltimore and the birth of the “Star-Spangled Banner.”
The competition will be separated into two judging tracks:
- a public competition, with a grand prize of $2,000 and a bicentennial prize of $1,000
- a competition for UB students, with a grand prize of $1,500 and a bicentennial prize of $1,000.
Additionally, posters from the top entrants on each track will be included in an exhibition at the University of Baltimore from Monday, Sept. 15-Friday, Oct. 31 at the Student Center Gallery.
There will be an opening reception on Monday September 15th, from 5:30-8pm featuring a lecture from one of the judges, Kit Kinrichs, 2004 AIGA Medalist whose 3,000-piece-strong collection of American flags and American flag memorabilia has formed the basis of several exhibitions.
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your work judged by top designers and go down in history as part of a national bicentennial celebration in Maryland!
- Domenica Genovese, partner and director of creative product at Greatest Creative Factor
- Edwin Gold, director of the University of Baltimore’s Ampersand Institute for Words & Images
- Kit Hinrichs, founder and creative director at Studio Hinrichs
- Bill Pencek, deputy assistant secretary of the Division of Tourism, Film and the Arts in the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development
- David Plunkert, co-founder of Spur Design
Deadline for submissions is Friday, August 15th. Read the full competition details