This was the topic of our Converse event this past Thursday at Teavolve. It was a rousing topic, and the group brought up some great points.
- Some designers seem to have less of a style, but rather a methodology.
- Some felt they were hired/not hired because of their style or lack of style.
- Illustrators and photographers have a style, but this aids in predictability for that art form.
- Some see style as just a sales tool.
- Maybe the time for a designer having a style is over and the real art is in the process, methodology and the designer’s approach.
Thanks to those who made it out, and look out for our next Converse event on social design in January!
Converse is our roundtable event regularly occurring on the third Thursday of odd numbered months. Each event focuses on a different topic for discussion. Email email@example.com if you have any questions or if you would like to suggest a topic for a future Converse night.