This event, The Game of Life: Emerge Edition, is hosted by AIGA Blue Ridge in Frederick, Maryland.
SPACE IS LIMITED. PRE-REGISTER TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT.
Note: the location has changed to Cowork Frederick.
We are thrilled to share with you the first-of-its-kind AIGA chapter-led and co-created national awareness week: EMERGE. Designers locally and across the country will be actively participate in this initiative. More information on how you can participate below.
EMERGE is a series of experiences tailored to help the emerging designer hone their skills, discover their talents, and grow their career. We’re kicking off this new EMERGE Initiative with a week’s worth of events and content.
EMERGE programming will continue on throughout the year ahead and supported nationally by all 70 AIGA local chapters. Your participation will ensure its continued success. EMERGE is the result of AIGA Minnesota’s awarded AIGA Innovate grant.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
You’re a designer just starting out in the game of life, if only there really was a path for you to follow! You have tons of questions about employment, growth, leadership, entrepreneurship and life skills. We are bringing together a panel of experts who are ready and waiting to answer your questions, share their experiences and help you figure out your path. Whether you want to hone your skills, discover your talents, or figure out how to grow your career; this is the event for you! Come get YOUR questions answered and take your design career and your life to the next level.
Once you register for this event, share your questions and talk with your peers using the hashtags #AIGAemerge and #AIGAblueridge. The best questions will be compiled and curated the best questions and put to our expert panel on Saturday, August 20, at 10 am – noon. Afterwards, lunch will be served and you will have time to network with your peers and talk to the speakers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Emerging designers seeking to advance their careers
- Designers seeking to make changes in their careers
- Seasoned designers seeking to interact with and advocate for emerging designers
ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE:
- First 50 attendees will receive a digital copy of Underconsideration’s Flaunt, a resource for design students as well as young, experienced, freelance, and independent designers.
- All in-person attendees will receive 3-months free access to Front Row, General Assembly’s e-learning platform.
- All in-person attendees will receive goodie bags, provided by Sappi, with Print Works magazine, Sustainability Report, Building a House Sheet, Ideas that Matter, and a stock book.
Cowork Frederick is located on 122 E Patrick Street in Frederick, Maryland. Street parking is limited and metered, or you can park in the nearby garage at the Carroll Creek Parking Deck (44 East Patrick Street) for $1 per hour.