AIGA Baltimore is an all-volunteer organization with a dedicated team of passionate, smart and driven individuals. You can help advance the field of design in Baltimore by giving your time and talents.
We’re looking for designers, design enthusiasts, and individuals who appreciate the creative industry. For many of our events, we seek volunteers who are 18 and over. Even non-members can volunteer for AIGA Baltimore!
Advancing the field of design benefits you as well as the local design community and our society as a whole. AIGA Baltimore is the perfect conduit for moving the design community forward. Plus, you’ll make great connections that can advance your own career, and you’ll make new awesome friends and have a lot of fun along the way.
Anyone interested in the design profession can volunteer. Our volunteers are print designers, interactive designers, copywriters, art directors, small business owners, animators, freelancers, and photographers… you name it! It’s a great way to make connections in the community, learn some new skills, and share conversations with people who share a deep passion for design.
First, check out the opportunities below. Then fill out this form to tell us of your interests. Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Writers: Share your design experiences, recap an AIGA program (we’ll cover your registration fees!), or live-tweet an event.
- Photographers/Videographers: Capture Baltimore’s greatest design moments and chronicle our programming.
- Designers: Sometimes we need an extra hand for special events and campaigns. This is a great way to beef up your portfolio with cutting-edge design pieces.
- Event Volunteers: Prepare for events and offer day-of help, such as prepping logistics, helping set-up, staffing registration, greeting guests, and cleaning up after events.
- Committee Members: Dip your toe into the pool of event and communications planning. Shadow a board member and help pull together an AIGA event. It’s like being on the homecoming planning committee, but without all of the cliques.
- Communications Committee – a year-round group of designers, writers, and communications-enthusiastic volunteers who work to promote AIGA Baltimore events and initiatives
- Ink and Pixels Committee – a group of interested event plans and design enthusiasts who work to plan our annual Ink and Pixels, a design conference just for students that occurs in mid-April
- Design Week Committee – a group of interested event planners and design enthusiasts who work to plan Baltimore’s Annual Design Week, a week of design-related events that occurs every third week of October
- Portfolio Reviewers: Give back to the community by sharing your expertise critiquing student portfolios. Plus you get to see some amazing work.
- Board Members: Take it to the next level and make the ultimate commitment (of two years) by joining AIGA Baltimore’s board.