Join AIGA Baltimore at Advertising.com for an exciting responsive web design workshop using Adobe products! You’ll learn how to design and optimize your websites for speed and user experience, so that they’ll load faster and work across different devices and browsers. One lucky guest will win a 3-month Creative Cloud subscription, which will be given away during the event, courtesy of Adobe.
This hands-on workshop is suited for designers who want to know more about responsive design. During the four-hour session, Adobe trainer Brian Wood will explore:
• Implementing design flexibility and fluidity with a basic workflow for responsive design (including wireframing, prototyping, and an overview of in-browser design vs. static design like StyleTiles and Photoshop);
• Differences between starting with a fluid grid tool, full blown framework, or an Edge Reflow/Photoshop workflow;
• Creating a design in Photoshop/Illustrator;
• Using that design in Reflow and showing connectivity;
• Testing the design on devices using Edge Inspect;
• Editing the code using Edge Code.
Knowledge of Photoshop and some HTML/CSS is helpful. We encourage you to bring your laptop and a bag lunch.
During the workshop, we’ll use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Edge Reflow, Edge Inspect, Edge Code, and Creative Cloud fonts (Typekit). Don’t have Creative Cloud? Sign up for a free 30-day trial at creative.adobe.com/plans to gain access to all of the programs listed. We suggest that you download and install the trial software before the workshop.
Advertising.com is located on the first floor of the Ivory Building in Tide Point, on the Under Armour campus. Free parking is available in spaces marked “VISITOR.” See parking map.
Thank you to our Event Sponsors
Please note that in order to continue to provide quality programming, our policy is not to issue refunds unless an event has been cancelled.